Monday, April 16, 2012

The Station


9P.M.
New Delhi Metro Station
So I was waiting here on the platform number 2 of New Delhi Metro Station waiting for my train. Passing time on stations is not an easy task, so I started noticing the people getting on and off the platform number 1. The trains came and passed but there was this girl that caught my attention because she was not boarding any train, she was just sitting right across the railway lines and reading a book. If you’ve been there you must know that it is an underground station, so every time the train came it brought a rush of air and they would make her hair fall on her face. This made me a bit more attracted towards her!
“Saab, move your feet a bit”, Ramdas, a floor cleaning guy asked me.
“Yeah sure”, I said.
And then the girl somehow just disappeared from there. I didn’t take it seriously!
“Saab, the train to your destination will be really late today.”
“Why? What happened?”
“Don’t you know a young girl of about 25-26 years jumped in front of the train?”
“Oh that’s so bad!”




7:30 A.M.
Somewhere in DLF Phase 4, Gurgaon
“Mwah! Get up na sweetheart, look your newspaper is here. C’mon Up! Up! Up!” Saima said.
“Hmmm, what happened? It’s Sunday I don’t feel like getting up so early.”
“It’s 7:30! We were supposed to go for dance class if you remember!”
“Acha chalo get me some coffee then.”
Saima left the room dropping the newspaper by my side. As soon as I opened the Local news page a shock wave travelled through my body and I was literally shivering with horror. The newspaper headline said- Young girl commits suicide on the Metro track. Then they had placed a photograph of the girl and she was none other than the mistery girl of platform number 1.
Days after this incident I was as usual waiting on my platform number 2 and I asked the sweeper, “Where is ramdas?”
The sweeper looked me with a surprised look and said, “saab there has never been a ramdas here since the inception of this station!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...